Monday, March 12, 2012

Springing forward!

Okay, so once again I have fallen behind on my blogging...I'm thinking that it's a once a month kind of thing now. Busy season is getting a little crazy and trying to keep up with everything else is becoming challenging. Jon is keeping himself busy with school, work, barbershop, and learning how to call square dances, as well as trying to pick up the chores that I can't do anymore.

Some of the fun activities that we've been up to include square dancing, date nights, dinners with friends, and a few days here and there to have some "me" time. We've been getting back into square dancing after a little hiatus when Jon was out of town on business. We've been to a few club dances in addition to a special square dance put on by Don and Brenda Whitaker at their home for a Baptist group from UCF. The club dances have been fun, though I think I'm now at a point where I'm going to have to sit out. The dance at Don and Brenda's was amazing as Jon and I assisted the students in trying to learn how to square dance for a few hours...it was an absolute blast! Jon and I attended our first movie in the theaters in about 9 months together after going to dinner. It was a lovely date night, particularly awesome because Jon agreed to watch a chick flick, the new movie "This Means War"...though it was a comedy and Jon liked 80% of the movie because it was just action and comedy, not so much romantic comedy, lol.

On to baby news...

We have had the 23 week checkup and all is well with me and Jackson. The doctors and nurses have said that he is doing great for being the number of weeks that he is. We have our 27/28 week checkup and glucose screening on March 20th. So I will keep everyone posted on that when the time comes. Jon and I are planning on scheduling a 3D ultrasound to see our baby boy between weeks 28 and 30 weeks, so I'll post those pictures when we get them :-)

One of the most important milestones that have happened in the last few weeks include Jackson moving around a lot in my tummy, and Jon finally getting to feel them for the first time two weeks ago. It was a really special moment for Jon, feeling him move/kick for the first time...his face just lit up with joy. We've also gotten the nursery furniture put together in Jackson's room and all the old furniture is out! We'll be continuing to put the nursery together once we get the crib bedding, as I want to wait to paint until I can match the colors. We have been so blessed by family and friends that we already have so many things for our little guy. We just can't get over how cute everything is!

Jon's co-workers were so sweet and threw a joint baby shower for us and for Jon's co-worker Crystal this past Friday. It was so nice to have a wonerful laid back lunch with some great people, and I can't believe that they were so kind as to buy Jackson's organic mattress! Thank you to everyone who made it so special! We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives.
Here are some recent pictures:

24 Weeks
Also just a note...it's really hard to take mirror pictures!
 
25 Weeks

From thebump.com:

Baby's now the size of an eggplant!That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down.

1 comment:

  1. such an exciting time!! :) feeling the baby move has got to be by far my favorite thing about being pregnant. Enjoy every minute of it!! You look great Tawnya and love seeing the baby bump grow.

    ReplyDelete